Frameworks are unit which instead of just having pre-built functions like a library, can define the whole application. The inversion of control is a common trait associated with frameworks in general, which makes users bound to work as per the framework. It is so important to choose a great framework for your application; a lot of things depends on it. The frameworks are many in number, for the fact that they carry different functionalities and styles. Choose the one which suits your signature, rather focusing on the best.
What is Angular?
Advantages & disadvantages of AngularJS
Angular’s main advantages:
- Extends HTML with new attributes.
- Can create some of the best SPAs.
- Is highly capable because of its data binding injection feature.
- Angular is highly flexible along with an amazing UI design.
Angular’s main disadvantages
- Angular is best suited for SPAs and not the best choice for a multi-page application.
- Data object models are claimed to have performance issues.
- Since it’s written in Typescript, learning may involve a lot of work.
What is React?
React does not contain all tools required to build an application, and is thus called a library rather than a framework. A notable feature of Reach is that can use flux architecture, which has many different functionalities from the generic Model view controller architecture. React in many ways, focuses on the view as in MVC, and is properly focused on creating excellent UIs.
Advantages of ReactJS
- React Native library is something that none of the competition has.
- It promises very high
- It has a fully component-based architecture.
- The code written in it is highly reusable.
Disadvantages of ReactJS
- The fair learning curve as it’s written in JSX
- Some may be disappointed with the fact that it’s just a library
- Facebook might pose some threats to long term viability.
- Not everyone would be able to work with flux architecture, functionalities are lost when used with MVC
What is Vue?
Vue is best suited to create lightweight applications. When using Vue you get everything minus the heavy components of Angular. The pages built with Vue are highly dynamic, and it can be easily implemented on pre-made projects, unlike Angular. Backward compatibility is one of the USPs of Vue, even though it is taken from Angular, which isn’t backward compatible.
Advantages of Vue
- Lightweight and faster than Angular
- Can be easily merged with existing projects and web pages.
- Fair learning curve.
- Makes great lightweight projects with ease.
Disadvantages of Vue
- It is fairly new and not very widely accepted in developers.
- Is only suited for small application development.
- Does not have everything that’s offered with Angular.
- Small community and hence, limited support.
For a simpler conclusion, React and Vue are both best for lightweight projects, whereas Angular is best suited for heavyweight projects. The comparison is based on the sheer capabilities of all three and keeping their performance in mind. The main reasons for the popularity of React and Angular is for the fact that they are backed by two of the greatest corporates in the world, Google and Facebook. Vue is relatively new and still gaining worldwide popularity.
They are all highly capable, if you are a developer, we suggest you decide on the size of applications you would be working on, along with a thorough comparison of their learning curves. If you are looking forward to getting your project built by a professional web development company, choose on the scale of it, along with the best possible resource you have in mind. If your project is complex, we recommend React over Vue, for the community support React holds.