Imagine, You’re sitting at home and suddenly an idea pops into your mind that has the potential to transform countless lives. But now what? How to turn your idea into a reality that reaches a wide audience and helps them? This is where mobile apps take the wheel. Developing a mobile app can be the most effective and influential way to turn your idea and attach it with users on a once-unimaginable scale.
In 2023, Mobile apps are expected to generate a staggering $935 billion in revenue that highlights the dominance of mobile apps and the reason behind smartphone usage.
Reports have stated that the number of mobile apps on the Google Play Store and Apple Play Store will surpass 5.7 million.
As per experts, there were 250 million app downloads between 2019 and 2020 which will grow continuously and reach a high of 500 million downloads by 2024. This increasing difference shows that getting your idea turned into an app will surely provide you with numerous future benefits.
From ordering food, and liking photos of your friends, to managing finances, all have been made easy through mobile apps. It has completely changed our day-to-day lives and made every piece of information easily available, wherever we go. If you thinking to work on your brilliant idea, it is time to stop contemplating and start turning your imagination into reality.
This blog will be a helpful guide to assist you in understanding great tips to turn your app idea into reality and for this you can take help from top mobile application development company like SemiDot Infotech. We have made sure to point out vital details that are necessary for your understanding and to get a valuable application that your users love.
Tips to Convert Your Idea into a Mobile App
The mobile app industry is seeing a significant upward trend and it is projected that there will be approximately 258 billion downloads by 2023. It is the best time to convert your idea into an mobile app and see unimaginable growth of your mobile app in the future.
But, to have a successful journey, we are sharing some pro tips that can successfully turn your genius mobile app idea into reality. All you need to do is execute them properly to see your desired results.
- Write down your app ideas
- Market Research
- Finalize the App type you want
- Create User Persona
- Decide Brand Name
- Create feature list
- Know your Funding Possibilities
- Consider Development Cost
- Choose the right development partner
- Design a Flow chart
- Create a wireframe
- Build MVP and Test the Product
- Launch the app
- Patent your app idea
- Identify monetization strategy
- Market Your App and Promote
- Collect Feedback and work on improvements
1. Write Down Your App Ideas
It doesn’t matter how trivial your idea may appear in your mind, it is necessary to write down your business idea and revisit them regularly. At the heart of every successful app lies an idea that was converted into a tangible product.
Read Also – Mobile App Success Factors
The initial crucial step is to analyze your idea with the strengths and weaknesses of each concept and strive to enhance them. Instead of keeping it as initial thought, it is better to give a push to your idea to develop it into a value-adding application.
2. Do Market Research
When you plan to enter any business, What’s the one thing you do beforehand? You read client reviews, know about people’s experiences with the industry and see whether it’s worth entering the domain or not. Well, the same thing applies here.
One of the most important steps in knowing “How to turn your mobile app idea into reality” is to do thorough market research, Know your audience, understand your competitor’s strategy, and plan your idea properly, by doing so you already get have taken a step ahead to deliver value to your users that your competitors aren’t offering them right now.
A proper market research is necessary to build a mobile app and craft the app in such a way that appeals to your user and makes you stay in the market for the long term.
Some questions need to be answered to make sure you are working in the right direction, such as –
- What is your aim to develop a mobile application?
- What is the budget you have decided for your mobile app?
- What will be the revenue-generating models for your app?
- Who are your competitors and what’s their USP?
- Who are your target audience?
- How much time will it take to convert your idea into an app?
3. Finalize the App Type You Want
Finalizing the app type is a key consideration in “How to turn your idea into an app?’’, it is necessary to comprehend your target audience, app features, and its goal, to determine a suitable platform you can use the app for. While getting you’re app developed, firstly decide which platform you want to target Android app or iOS app, or if you want cross-platform app.
The best way to choose your app type is to analyze the platform on which your audience is most active. Suppose your intended customers use iPhone, then it will be best to launch the app on the Apple play store, whereas if your users are using Android, then your sensible choice will be to launch the app on the Google play store.
3. Create User Persona
In today’s time, users are king, so, focusing on your user persona becomes an important aspect to turn your idea into a full-fledged solution. User personas are fictional representations of your target users that assist you to gain insights into the wants, needs, and pain points of the users.
To convert your idea into an app, user-persona helps in decision-making in the development process. Look for common patterns and group users based on demographics, behaviours, and interests.
Once you get details and valuable insights about your user, it helps your product team to identify user goals and make smart decisions to make them more engaging. Here we share some tips on how to create a good user persona, check out them for help:
- Step 1 – Research your Target Users
- Step 2 – Understanding and Segmenting Users
- Step 3 – Decide on a layout or persona template
- Step 4 – Choose Demographic Information
- Step 5 – Persona’s Background
- Step 6 – Persona’s Goals
- Step 7 – Define Motivations and Frustrations
- Step 8 – Quote
- Step 9 – Tier Section
- Step 10 – The Bio and the Extra details
A user persona is aimed to know the actual expectation, pain points, and motivations that users have and tailor the app accordingly to solve their problems and enhance their user experience. You can check different types of user personas below for your help:
- Goal-oriented Personas
- Role-based Personas
- Engaging Personas
- Fictional Personas
- Psychographic Personas
- Technographic Personas
- Ethnographic Personas
- Demographic Personas
- Hybrid Personas
4. Decide Your Brand Name
Last year 110.1 billion apps were downloaded from Google Play Store and 32.6 billion from the Apple play store. In this vast pool of apps, the question is How to turn an App Idea into a Product that is a user’s favorite.
The primary role is played by the selection of the brand name, choose a name that sticks to your user mind and is easy to pronounce. You have to make sure the name you have chosen is unique and consider its accessibility as a domain name and across social media platforms.
Lastly, make sure to trademark your name for scalability and future growth. A top brand name plays an important role in turning your app idea into success.
5. Create A Feature List
Once you are ready with your app idea, it is necessary to take a step further and look out for top-quality features to get in your app. Features are the break-even point for any app, either it can make or break an app. So, it is necessary to have features that are user-friendly and targeted to solve your audience’s problems.
Consider getting a unique selling proposition that only you have and is different from your competitor to help you stand your ground in this dynamic landscape. A unique selling proposition will be helpful to monetize your app, help you in getting an upper hand among your competitors and turn your app idea into a successful business.
Read Also: Important Tips For Startup Success
6. Study the Development Cost
One of the most significant aspects you should consider before developing an app is app development cost. The whole phase is highly inclined by the development cost, right from building a blueprint for your app to developing it with features and functionalities, every penny counts.
Needless to say, the mobile app development cost varies based on many factors such as UI/UX Design, App development, testing & deployment, features of the app, development company location, and their experience.
It is also important to learn other technical facets and trending features to keep aside the cost that will be needed in getting your app ready. So, it is advisable to contact top mobile application development companies to get a proper estimation of the app.
6. Know your Funding Possibilities
When it comes to bringing life to your idea, secured funding is a necessity. It is important to consider the best approach to fund your idea, taking into account all circumstances and preferences.
In the past few years, the market has given immense support to new ideas and startups in every possible way including financial support too. As a result, there are so many funding options available in the market and now you get the chance to determine which one to use.
Are you ready to take the loan and pay interest? Or you are looking for angel investors? Whatever option you choose will affect your idea too. So, don’t forget to evaluate the risks and factors associated with every option.
To have more choices on your plate we are helping with funding options that are worth considering.
- Bootstrap – It is one of the safest option for you to fund your idea with your own money. So, you can be safe from huge debt and enjoy the profit without sharing.
- Crowd-Funding – This is another attractive option for turn your idea into reality, all you need is a great pitch to appeal to people to invest in your idea. Some popular crowdfunding platforms are Indiegogo, SeedInvest, Mightycause, StartEngine, GoFundMe, Patreon, KickStarter, and others which you can choose from at your convenience.
- Venture Capital Investors – Unlike Angel investors, Venture capital investors are big companies, they don’t invest at the early stage of your idea instead they decide to offer you finance during product development. Usually, these types of investors look for fast-developing products in the market and take some percentage of your profit once it is successfully launched.
- Personal Network – If your money is not enough, the next best unfailing source is your family and friends. With personal networks, chances of getting your idea funded become easy without needing a heavy sales pitch.
- Angel Investors – Angel Investors are believed to be those businesses that fund startups and enterprises at the early stage and in return ask for profit sharing. This is just a gamble for them, if you succeed, they can earn profit and if you don’t then you don’t have to pay them back.
- Funding Contests – Several app funding contests are organized by angel investors, top businesses, and others. You can participate and pitch your idea to get financial support. This way even if you don’t get lucky and win, you will at least attract people from your idea.
- Bank Loans – When we talk about funding options, we can’t forget the common option that is “Bank Loans”, but it is not that much preferred by the startups due to a ton of paperwork, and high rate of interest. If you are confident about your idea, you can apply for a bank loan by providing security against the loan and presenting a proper revenue generation model.
7. Choose the Right Development Partner
Once you are done with the groundwork, it’s time to take key steps to put a shine on your idea and partner with top mobile app development company like SemiDot Infotech. There are two primary choices serve as a guide to convert your idea into an app that is “Transparency and expertise” of the development company.
Choosing the right partner is crucial for the success of your mobile app, you might include their experience, client testimonials, and cost too to make sure things are as per your requirement.
8. Design Flow Charts
When the goal is to outperform your competitors, it becomes important to prioritize clarity and an easy-to-navigate product, this is where the flowchart comes into play. To develop a top-notch interface with desired tools programmers, count on UX flowcharts.
By getting knowledge of the user’s goals, it becomes easy to utilize highly detailed flowchart diagrams encircling each tab, icon, and possible behavior. Such information is needed that can assist a software development company to create a flowchart prototype and then test and review it appropriately as per your user needs.
9. Create Wireframes
To stand out in this highly competitive market, it’s necessary to transform your mobile app idea in a tangible solution. Creating wireframes for your mobile app is a vital next step for the same.
It is suggested to use simple, low-fidelity shapes and placeholders to represent unique elements.
The simple answer to “How to Build Your Great App Idea” is to pay attention to the usability & navigation of the app and make the user experience intuitive. Don’t forget that goal of a wireframe is to provide a blueprint for the app’s functionality and layout to act further for the mobile app development process.
10. Build MVP and Test the Product
The survival of your app becomes a lot easier by developing an MVP. An MVP is a skeleton of your app that answers whether it will make it in the real world or not.
Among many benefits of MVP, the primary goal is to reduce the time taken in later improvement of the product. For that, it is necessary to recognize your app features and functions that are must-haves for the initial version of your app.
You can build the MVP by using app development frameworks & tools with the help of mobile app development company and then launch it among your user to test the core functionality and experience of your user with the app.
The collected data helps in making changes and improving the functionality and usability of the app. It is also necessary to understand that MVP has more use to it, for example- You can use the MVP of your app to appeal to investors to participate in your idea and even use it to source public funds.
11. Launch the App
After seeing the MVP and product response, it is time to launch your app successfully but, deploying your app still requires some work like preparing the app for distribution and reaching a targeted audience.
This process includes packaging the app, making the necessary installation files (APK), and submitting it to the respective app stores for app review and approval.
Once it is approved, the app becomes available for users to download and install. Proper deployment ensures that your app reaches its intended audience and can be seamlessly installed on various devices, facilitating a smooth user experience.
12. Identify Monetization Models
There are so many monetization models available for mobile apps But not every model will work for you. So, it is best to go through a monetization models and pick whichever suits your need.
Here are a few famous monetization models for mobile apps-
- In-App Advertising- It is not the user’s favorite but somehow it is financially fruit-bearing for apps. 67% of digital advertisements will go towards mobile in the upcoming future. In-app advertising model refers to the display of paid ads to the users. This way app owners earn profit and advertisers get to promote their goods and products to a wider audience. it is not the user’s favorite but somehow it is financially fruit-bearing for apps. 67 % of digital advertisements will go towards mobile in the upcoming future.
- Subscription- To access premium content, features, and services, users are ready to spend if they like the app and its functionalities. Data shows 38% of users after taking the trial end ups subscribing. To access premium content, features, and services, users are ready to spend if they like the app and its functionalities, Customers pay recurring fees to access these features monthly, quarterly, and yearly which is known as the Subscription model. Data shows 38% of users after taking the trial end ups subscribing. Netflix is a great example of the Subscription model.
- Transactional/Service charges- Many big companies who offer their services or act as third-party service providers such as Uber, Escrow, and many others charge a small amount as their platform fee by maintaining a balance between consumers and other parties.
- In-app purchase model- In this In-app purchase model, users get primary features for free, but to enjoy advanced features such as digital goods, subscriptions, and more, they have to pay an additional amount within the app. For example- In a gaming app, users can pay to buy a key that gives them more power in the game.
- Partnership Model– Another monetization model that you can leverage is the ‘’Partnership Model”, In this usually two or more businesses collaborate to generate profit. Businesses engaged in such a model promote each other’s product and service to increase their sales and customer engagement. With proper planning and management, it can be a great way to enjoy more revenue while reaching a wider market.
Overall, the choice of monetization models depends on the purpose of the app and the targeted audience. There is a substantial number of competitors out there, who are not charging a penny from their users.
13. Patent Your App Idea
Once you have an amazing idea, it is necessary to patent your app idea. The market is more competitive than ever, where each day new ideas are born and brought up to development companies to shape them in a functional application.
To stop getting fearful that someone will claim your idea and get an app before you do, it is best to officially progress your idea clear and out in the market by fulfilling complete proper technicalities so that no one can claim what’s yours.
Once you patent your app idea, you can have peace of mind and work towards the further process by making sure your idea is now completely protected against duplicity and unconsented usage.
14. Market Your App
As soon as you turn your idea into a mobile app and upload it to the play store, you will see an increasing number of downloads if it has the hype. But, to make the downloads even crazier and user favorite, you need to market and promote your app leading to increased downloads.
Social media is so powerful that it can make you an overnight star, which is why it is best to utilize these platforms such as Instagram, and Facebook, and collaborate with content influencer’s to create your buzz.
Well-established businesses already know the game, but if you are a startup here is a small tip for your startup success, it is best to utilize your money in paid advertising campaigns, including app install ads to make your app reach a wide audience.
Continuous marketing efforts can lead you to sustain yourself in the market and take more informed decisions to improve user experience.
15. Collect Feedbacks and Work on Improvements
Once your app is enjoyed by people, the app will see both positive and negative both kind of reviews. It is time to consider them and get ready to make improvements to the app.
Continuously monitoring user feedback will help you to monitor and implement new ideas that will be helpful in user satisfaction resulting in increased app retention and driving long-term success for your mobile app.
Currently, the mobile app industry is experiencing a boom and reliance on mobile apps is just increasing with 53.96% of traffic being solely generated from mobile phones. The rapid reliance on mobile apps gives more opportunities for businesses and enterprises to hop on the trend.
If you have passed through the ideation of your app and are ready to take on the exciting journey of mobile app development, then this is the right time for you to begin. However, the success of your mobile app depends on the work you have done beforehand including ideation, designing, and development.
The process consists of a multitude of tasks, which is why we have compiled some informative tips to make sure your app becomes enjoyable for users. Even after completing the development phase, the work doesn’t end here. You must continuously make improvements and tailor them to make them suitable according to your users.
But, to do all this work, you require a reliable partner who has experience in delivering scalable and smart solutions, SemiDot Infotech is ready to assist in solving your business challenge and ensure your visibility among your users.
In case, if you have any doubts after reading the article. We hope these FAQs clear them for additional understanding.
- How much is an app idea worth?
The worth of your app idea is based on its execution. Every great business which is ruling the market started from just an idea, similarly, if you want to turn your idea into a billion-dollar company, you can partner with a top mobile app development company to turn it into reality through thorough research, planning, and execution.
- How do I turn your idea into a product?
Turn your idea into a revenue-generating product comprises of some steps including creating your ideas list, making a features list, market research and finalizing the app you want, creating a user persona, Knowing your funding options, planning a revenue-generating model, designing your flowchart, creating a wireframe, decide brand name, choose the right development partner, Consider development cost, Build MVP and testing, Launching the app, marketing the app, and collecting feedback for continuous updates.
- Is it difficult to turn my idea into an app?
Yes, it is only if you don’t interact with the right mobile app development company which have top app developers. Building your app can be a daunting task. The right company will make a Detailed Product requirement document that has complete information about the product, that will have complete transparency about the product development.
- Why do most of the app ideas fail before turning into reality?
Most apps fail due to a lack of market demand, poor execution of the idea, less marketing budget, or competition. Moreover, some ideas may lack a unique selling point or may fail to solve an actual problem leading to the failure of the app.
- How will you market your app?
You can market your app through a combination of digital advertising, social media campaigns, influencer partnerships, App Store Optimization, Search Ads, and public relations efforts to reach and engage the target audience effectively.