Blockchain technology is a name that is revolving too much in the world currently. You must be living in a bubble if you have no clue about this new technology and how it can change our future.
Every smart person that I admire in the world, and those I semi-fear, is focused on this concept of crypto for a reason. They understand that this is the driving force of the fourth industrial revolution: steam engine, electricity, then the microchip – blockchain and crypto is the fourth. – Brock Pierce
It’s the light that has eradicated many traditional practices and opened new doors of innovation. Blockchain has spread exponentially within just a few years resulting in 81 of the top 100 publicly traded companies in the world utilizing this technology.
Blockchain is developing exponentially, businesses are taking steps forward to improve their operation by applying Blockchain development solutions for their business. In such a case, it is necessary to know about the programming languages that are working as a binding pillar to build advanced solutions. Growing demand requires you to take steps to reshape your knowledge to meet your client’s expectations.
Even as an entrepreneur, before opting for Blockchain development services and putting your hard-earned money into getting Blockchain-based solutions, you need to have some understanding of the ever-evolving world of this latest technology and programming languages used for Blockchain development. Whether you are an expert of Blockchain or just getting started, Sit back and dive in to read further.
What is Blockchain?
You might have already read over and over again about that complex and regular definition of Blockchain technology. Let’s simplify that for you. Imagine a giant Digital Lego that everyone or anyone can build, but no one can steal or break it.
This is what blockchain technology is, it uses digital blocks that are linked with the previous block which has information filled in it that can’t be tampered with or stolen creating an unbreakable chain of information. So, next time anyone uses the word “Blockchain”, you can imagine a tower of digital blocks that store and manage the information.
The features of Blockchain like data privacy and security have proved their worth whenever it has been used in any sector. Research says the same, Global spending on Blockchain solutions will hit $19 billion by 2024 covering from web to blockchain app development.
The main reason behind this popularity is its features including safety, security, decentralization, and more. Initially, it was for financial services but over time, it has grown its popularity among other sectors and industries. Getting blockchain development solutions for businesses has resulted in more transparency and efficiency and opened new gates of possibilities for them.
Below table show the distribution of blockchain market value by sector. Seeing this distribution, you will also make up your mind to discuss your requirement with a leading blockchain development companies and get a solution.
How Does Blockchain Work?
The working of Blockchain includes many terms and phrases related to any new technology that is always a hot topic of discussion. So, instead of re-repeating those terms and complex them.
We will understand the working of Blockchain technology step by step –
- Step-1 – A new transaction will be requested by the user, then, there will be created a Block to represent the transaction.
- Step-2 – The block will be transmitted to a peer-to-peer computer network (nodes) discrete worldwide.
- Step-3 – The computer network will work on equations for the transaction’s validation.
- Step-4 – Nodes will get the reward for PoW (Proof of work).
- Step-5 – Then, these blocks will be added together in an existing Blockchain to create a history of permanent transactions.
- Step-6 – The transaction is complete here.
Usually, the working of Blockchain is based on three pillars- cryptography, nodes, and blocks.
Blockchain is a digital ledger that saves a complete database and transaction using cryptography so that the data can deal with and read by whom the information is projected. Each transaction is verified and recorded by a network of computers that is called nodes.
Once these transactions are recorded neither can change or be deleted. All the nodes in the blockchain save a copy of the blockchain and then come together to add a new transaction to the chain. Blockchain is distributed and decentralized, it is impossible to tamper with the data.
Back in 2009, Blockchain was launched in ‘’The great recession’’ period as a new digital currency to take away the power of central authority and make it decentralized among networks. Initially, Blockchain was launched as a technology supporting cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others.
But, over the year, progressively they have shown more potential uses such as supply chain management, voting system, and many more. Every leading blockchain development company uses some programming languages to build its solutions. Below we will disclose them, their pros, and cons, and study their use cases of them. Let’s dive in-
Why Programming is Required in Blockchain?
To understand Blockchain deeply, Let’s understand the basics starting from the programming language in Blockchain –
Imagine you’re playing a game of chess, but instead of playing on a physical board with moving pieces, you decide to use your computer to play the game. To play with the computer, the system needs to understand the rules and set of instructions of the game to recognize your move and reply. The programming language comes to help by interpreting your moves that are how programming languages work.
Similarly, every new technology even Blockchain is written in computer language or specific languages such as Solidity, Java, Python, PHP, and C++ by developers to understand and execute instructions related to Blockchain technology. To understand the rules of Blockchain and to translate your moves, programming language come as a helping hand.
Without programming languages, it is not possible to make smart contracts, build decentralized applications, or interact with the Blockchain in any meaningful way. But, you might think programming tools are not just any tool that is necessary for Blockchain development. But from a developer’s point of view, it can be a lot of fun too.
Imagine writing a few lines of code and seeing your ideas coming to life on Blockchain. It must be satisfying. Isn’t it? Not only this, but it also increases your knowledge and improves problem-solving skills making your demand in the market. Leading development companies always hire dedicated developers who have the expertise and in-depth knowledge of new technologies like Blockchain.
List of Programming Languages Use to Develop Blockchain
We hope you’re still reading, if you are curious to know what programming language is used for blockchain development. We have combined a list of top blockchain programming languages with their pros, cons, and use cases to make sure it enlightens your knowledge. Don’t be intimidated by the idea of learning a programming language or two. Who knows it might add as a fun and exciting part of the journey.
Solidity is a high-level Blockchain programming language that one must learn to work further on this technology, it is used to build and design smart contracts on Ethereum. These smart contracts are those predetermined set of terms and conditions that automatically executes when the conditions are met. It’s easy to learn and has built-in security features making it compatible with decentralized finance, gaming, and supply chain management applications.
Pros of Solidity –
- Solidity is an easy-to-learn language if you are familiar with other languages.
- Built-in security feature prevents it from attacks making it safe for developing smart contracts.
- The programming language is Interoperable and can be used with another language such as Vyper.
- Solidity is a user-friendly language.
Cons of Solidity –
- Solidity has a limited ecosystem of tools and resources available.
- Solidity lacks formal verification.
- The language is good to write simple smart contracts, but difficult to write complex logic in the language.
Use-cases of Solidity –
- Decentralized Finance – Solidity is used in the DeFi ecosystem where it powers smart contracts for everything from decentralized exchanges to lending protocols.
- Gaming – Solidity can be used to write smart contracts for games built on blockchain. Once the gaming platforms are powered with Blockchain it will give more control and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Supply chain management – Solidity can be used to write smart contracts that track the movement of goods through a supply chain.
In terms of acceptance and usefulness, Java is the best programming language for blockchain. It is famous for its “write once, run everywhere” functionality which is with the assistance of a java virtual machine, you can run the code on different platforms.
Java is famous to create an easy and immutable platform for Blockchain making it a famous choice for a Blockchain developer. When it comes to programming language, the debate for python vs java is a never-ending one. We will discuss them both one by one first let’s catch up with Java pros and cons.
Pros of Java –
- Java is an object-oriented programming language that helps to easily write code, organize modules and reuse code.
- Java has an automatic memory management system, no need to manually manage memory.
- Strong security module.
- Java has set of a vast collection of rich APIs and libraries.
- Java is an independent platform that can run on multiple platforms with any modification.
Cons of Java –
- Java is comparatively slower than any other language.
- Java has a poor GUI that makes it helpless to create a complex User-Interface.
- It can be hard to learn Java as it is a complex language.
- Java programs have limited hardware control and are unable to interact with hard.
Use-cases of Java –
- Supply chain management – The supply chain has complex procedures for goods tracking. Using java to build Blockchain-based solutions can help in keeping eye on and tracing goods. The involvement of Blockchain will help all parties to have access to the information making the chain more transparent.
- Healthcare data management – Healthcare data can be gathered and managed by utilizing java to develop blockchain-based solutions. This will surely provide patients more control of their data and they can allow access to their data to healthcare providers when they want to.
- Financial transaction – To solve the issues of financial transactions, java based blockchain solutions can be utilized to make the transaction payment secure and efficient.
- Voting System – Often these systems are at risk of tampering and fraud. To eradicate such things, Java can be utilized to develop a blockchain-based voting system that is secure, transparent, and keep the dignity of the democratic process.
Python is quite famous in the world of computer programming languages, with a variety of plugins and tools available that help to build a custom software, web development, machine learning, blockchain development, and artificial intelligence.
Simplicity, readability, and versatility are some of the key features that made it useful for blockchain as it lets python developers create Blockchain by simply writing less than 50 lines of code. Leading software development agencies are often in search to hire python developers with experience and a good grip on the python language.
Pros of python –
- Python’s simple syntax makes it an easy-to-learn language.
- Python has a vast community of tools, libraries, and frameworks to choose from.
- Python can be used for a variety of applications including web development, data analysis, machine learning, and more.
- Python can run on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Cons of Python –
- Python is an interpreted language and has a slow speed comparatively other languages such as Java or C++.
- Python has the disadvantage of heavy memory usage
- While dynamic typing makes Python code easier to write, it also led to errors and makes debugging a challenge.
Use-cases of Python –
- Cryptocurrency trading bots – Without the need to look at the screen continuously, Python is used to build such crypto trading bots that buy and sell through indicators saving your effort.
- Blockchain analytics – To see transaction volume, other network activity, or other data, python is used for inspecting and visualizing them.
- Smart contract – Python is used to write smart contracts on Ethereum-like blockchain platforms. Smart contracts are predetermined sets of terms and conditions that are self-executing once they are met with the criteria.
PHP is a backend scripting language that is well-suited for web development, CMS, server-side scripting, web services, and more. It’s open-source and runs on many platforms including Windows, Linux, and macOS. Top PHP frameworks and open-source libraries available for use, make it a popular choice among developers.
Read More – Why PHP Preffered for Web Development?
PHP can be helpful for Blockchain as it can be helpful to develop smart contracts which are self-executing later it can be implemented on blockchain networks using PHP. Developers can utilize PHP to build an application that requires web incorporation such as decentralized finance and tokenization of assets.
Pros of PHP –
- PHP has a large base of supporters from all over the world.
- It has cross-platform compatibility including macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- PHP can handle large traffic and data making it compatible with enterprise applications.
- PHP is open-source and free making it cost-efficient for developers.
- PHP is scalable and easily adaptable to multiple platforms and technologies.
Cons of PHP –
- It has limited debugging tools.
- PHP has known to have security uses as developers have to take extra measures for safety.
- PHP can be slower than other programming languages, especially for high-performance applications.
Use-cases of PHP –
- Blockchain-based identity management system – PHP can be utilized to develop Blockchain-based identity management systems that allow individuals to have more control and security with their ID.
- Decentralized applications – Using the tools and PHP library, dApps can be developed that run on blockchain platforms like Ethereum.
- Blockchain-based content management systems – PHP is used to develop CMS like WordPress, Joomla, and more. By taking a PHP development service, they can utilize PHP to develop blockchain-based CMS that will allow creators to mint their work.
C++ is famous as an object-oriented programming language and is portable. C++ is used to build an application that works well with numerous platforms. The language helps develop browsers, in-game programming, applications, operating systems, and many more. it can be helpful as a blockchain programming language too as it can handle mathematical computations required for hashing.
Due to its low-memory manipulation and ability to handle a large amount of data, it can be used for the development of blockchain protocols including Bitcoin and Ethereum. It can also extend its use for developing decentralized exchange (DEX) due to high performance and speed.
Pros of C++
- C++ offers great speed than other general programming languages.
- C++ is an efficient language that can handle complex computations.
- Compatible on cross-platform
- C++ has the support of a large community of developers working on improving the language.
- C++ is free and allows control over money management.
Cons of C++
- It is hard to learn the language for beginners who have no technical expertise.
- Due to limited memory management, it is said to be unsafe and leads to issues like memory leaks and segmentation faults.
- C++ has complex syntax and can be difficult to debug, leading to longer development times.
Use-cases of C++
- Blockchain Development – C++ is useful in developing Blockchain protocols with high performance making it a good pick for applications that require blockchain programming such as decentralized exchanges and mining software.
- Smart contracts – As C++ is the endorsed language to write a smart contract by Developers. By utilizing solidity programming language and the C++ Ethereum client library, smart contracts are developed removing the need for middlemen and replacing traditional agreements.
- Decentralized Marketplaces – Decentralised marketplace can be developed using C++ that implements peer to peer network allowing buyers and sellers to transact without the need for a centralized intermediary.
C# is a programming language and is used to build applications on numerous platforms including mobile apps, websites, games, desktops, cloud-based services, and more. it was first introduced by Microsoft in 2000 as part of the .NET Framework and has since become a popular choice among developers. C# can be utilized for Blockchain development by creating smart contracts, building decentralized applications, and integrating with blockchain-based systems such as Ethereum.
Pros of C#
- Easy to learn: if you have even a little bit of knowledge of other programming languages like Java, C# is a relatively easy language to learn.
- C# is an object-oriented language, which makes it easy to help to create and reuse code.
- C# has a large and active developer community, which means there are new updates and plenty of tools available to help you learn and solve problems.
- C# supports cross-platform used to build applications that run on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- C# was originally designed to be used for building window applications and it still excels at this task, the demand hasn’t diminished which is why prominent firms are still looking for experienced and dedicated developers for hire.
Cons of C#
- To run C# Applications, it still requires a .NET framework, the user should have it already installed on their computers. This can lead to compatibility issues.
- When C# can be used to build mobile apps using Xamarin, it’s not as widely used in mobile app development as other languages like Swift.
- C# is a high-level language making it less fast than a low-level language like C and C++.
Use-cases of C#
- Decentralized application (dApps) – C# is used to develop decentralized applications that run on decentralized networks such as Blockchain and allow users to directly interact without needing any central authority.
- Supply chain management – C# can be utilized to develop blockchain-based supply chain management that helps to track the journey from raw material to end consumer.
- Cryptocurrency payment gateways – C# is a powerful language that can be used to develop cryptocurrency payment gateways that help in safely and securely processing transactions on different Blockchain platforms.
Go language is also known as Golang which was introduced by Google and is released in 2009. It has gained popularity in recent years due to its simplicity, efficiency, and scalability. It was intended to be the solution to many problems such as cross-language development, reducing duplication, improving build time, and many more.
Golang can be helpful as a Blockchain language due to its performance and reliability. It can be helpful Blockchain infrastructure components and its low-level features allow for better control over the system-level resource.
Pros of Go –
- With a minimalistic approach and concise syntax, it is easy to learn the language and makes it easier for developers to write clean and maintainable code.
- Go was designed with performance in mind making it more efficient for popular programming language.
- It has the feature of a garbage collector which helps in memory management.
- Go built has built-in support for concurrency which makes it easier for developers to write programs that can run multiple tasks simultaneously.
Cons of Go –
- Go is a new language, it lacks in providing range and versatility the developers.
- The library ecosystem is limited when it comes to comparing it with other programming languages. This makes it harder for developers to find specific libraries or frameworks for their projects.
- Go’s error-handling mechanism can be cumbersome and verbose, making it hard to write clean and concise code.
- Go is designed to be simple and works well if you’re working for Google. But, it hasn’t found its main function for the larger world.
Use-cases of Go language –
- Blockchain core development – Go is a well-suited language for Blockchain core development due to its features like simplicity, efficiency, and built-in concurrency features.
- Smart contract development – Go has features like clean syntax, strong typing, and memory safety that are very promising to build Smart contracts. Built-in concurrency features allow for the creation of complex and distributed smart contracts.
- Cryptocurrency mining – Go can be used to develop cryptocurrency mining software as it has functions of fast compilation and execution speed.
- Decentralized Finance – Go is a good option to build decentralized finance that requires high performance and scalability and provides services like loaning borrowing and trading on blockchain platforms.
Simplicity is a low-level programming language that was proposed as an addition to Bitcoin Script. Simplicity is used for building smart contracts for Blockchain that can be beneficial for cryptocurrency making it a popular choice as a crypto programming language.
Simplicity is well-suited and designed for efficient smart contract development services because of its strong emphasis on security and transparency. Smart contract often handles sensitive information and transaction, so they must be written and designed with security in mind.
Pros of Simplicity –
- Simple code is easier to read and understand which reduces the likelihood of errors and makes it easier to maintain and modify the code.
- Faster to develop requires fewer lines of code and is easier to debug.
- Ensure higher security which is necessary for building Blockchain applications.
- Simplicity can be optimized more easily which can lead to improved performance and faster execution times.
Cons of Simplicity –
- Simplicity is primarily designed for smart contract development on Blockchain platforms, so it has limited use cases and may not be the best choice for Blockchain development.
- Being a young language, it has limited tools and libraries available to developers.
- It is not easy to learn Simplicity without any technical expertise.
Use-cases of Simplicity –
- Cryptography applications – With strong type system and powerful security features make it an excellent choice for cryptography applications.
- Tokenization – Simplicity can be used to create tokens on blockchain platforms as it allows easier implementation, adoption, and interoperability of tokens across various platforms.
- Decentralized marketplaces – Simplicity is crucial in building a decentralized marketplace as it makes the marketplace more accessible and user-friendly to exchange goods and services.
- Decentralized Finance – Simplicity can help build decentralized finance that attracts users and provide financial services like trading.
10. Ruby on Rails
Ruby is an object-oriented programming language created in the mid-1990s suited for building web applications, game development, command line programs, and more. Ruby has many known features and is extensively used for Web scraping, constructing servers, and crawling.
The popularity increased once Ruby on rails was introduced which is a top Ruby framework written in the Ruby network to make development more rapid and better. Due to features like increased security, rapid development, and flexible architecture Ruby can be helpful for Blockchain and help to develop decentralized applications (dApps), smart contracts, and private blockchain networks too.
Overall, As a developer, if you want to build a Blockchain-based solution and think about what programming language is used for blockchain development that proves its worth, Ruby is a good pick.
Pros of Ruby –
- Ruby is open source and with constant updates, it has various tools available for developers to meet their specific demands.
- Ruby is trusted and secure all forms of information making them inaccessible to outside threat.
- Ruby is fun to code as its simple syntax helps in making complex programming simple.
Cons of Ruby –
- Ruby is a slow programming language compared to other programming languages like Python.
- Ruby is a comparatively new language that has its coding language that requires time to learn Ruby.
- The support is growing for Ruby, but still, it’s not as large as PHP and other programming languages.
Use cases of Ruby –
- Decentralized finance – Ruby can help build decentralized finance as developers can rapidly prototype and develop dApps. Simplicity, efficiency, and flexibility can be helpful for decentralized finance.
- Cryptocurrency Payment gateways – Ruby on Rails can be used to build cryptocurrency payment gateways due to its flexibility and scalability. With Ruby on Rails, developers can build secure and reliable payment gateways that integrate with blockchain platforms like Bitcoin and Litecoin.
- Smart contract development – Ruby is a dynamic and flexible programming language that can be used for smart contract development. A wide range of libraries and frameworks can be helpful in development.
Rust is a general-purpose programming language and is constantly for four years chosen as the most loved language by stack overflow. It puts more importance on performance, concurrency, and safety. Rust is generally used to build operating systems, gaming engines, and more.
It is a well-known programming language for Blockchain development, Picking Rust offers speed, and effectiveness, and helps develop applications secure and cost-effective. Considering these factors, it will be a good decision to get Rust for Blockchain based solution by analyzing Blockchain app development cost. So, it doesn’t go out of your budget.
Pros of Rust –
- Rust offers a facility for memory safety and safeguarding from security vulnerabilities.
- It has speed and is known for its high performance.
- Rust’s strict memory safety rules ensure the safety of memory-related errors in the code making it secure to develop an application for Blockchain application too.
- Rust support concurrency that helps developers to build parallel and concurrent systems.
- Rust can be compiled to run on various types of platforms including Linux, Windows, MacOS, and even embedded devices.
Cons of Rust –
- Code compiling time in Rust is quite slow comparing it with other programming languages.
- Rust has a strict compiler making it hard for developers who have worked with more permissive languages.
- A steep learning curve contrary to other programming languages makes it hard for new developers to get started.
Use-cases of Rust –
- Programming – Rust is open source opening its possibilities from website development, and gaming engines, to enterprise application development.
- Building Smart Contract – Due to features like memory safety and concurrency features, Rust is ideal for building smart contracts on Blockchains such as Ethereum.
- Cryptocurrency Wallets – Rust’s high-performance capabilities make it ideal for building cryptocurrency wallets that can handle a large volume of transactions quickly and efficiently.
SQL is a programming language that stands for Structured Query Language intended for retrieving, adapting, and managing information held in a relational database. SQL is a domain-specific programming language that has simple syntax, high-performance, and in-built security features for data analysis, e-commerce, financial services, and human resources.
SQL can be used with Blockchain technology to help manage the data stored on the Blockchain that can later be assisted to extract useful information from the Blockchain. SQL can also be used to store and manage data off-chain, which can help improve the performance of the Blockchain.
Pros of SQL-
- The Speed of SQL makes it high-performance and efficient for building applications. Its memory management system, along with its support for multi-threading and parallelism allows it to handle large-scale computations efficiently.
- SQL is a famous language and is widely used by developers as well as supported by many database management systems too.
- SQL has a simple syntax that is easy to learn and understand.
- SQL is portable and a powerful language that can be passed down to different platforms or operating systems.
- It allows users to manipulate large amounts of data quickly and efficiently.
Cons of SQL-
- It has a complex and poor interface making it hard for users to approach the databases.
- SQL has versions that are costly making it cost-inefficient for many developers.
- SQL shares partial control over databases.
- Once the size of the database increases, due to the burden SQL queries can take longer to execute and performance may get affected. With proper indexing, and a limited data range it can be eradicated.
Use-cases of SQL –
- Blockchain Analytics – For Blockchain analytics, SQL can be really helpful and used to analyze data on blockchain platforms, track transactions, and Detect trends.
- Supply chain management – SQL is used to develop a blockchain-based supply chain management system to make the chain clearer and more transparent.
- Decentralized Applications – By using the tools like Web3 library and Ethereum virtual machine, SQL is often used to build robust and better-decentralized applications.
Erlang is a programming language that is designed to build scalable and robust large-scale systems including Video systems, messaging systems, autopilot systems, and more. Erlang has features that include its concurrency model and fault-tolerant design making it well-suited for building decentralized applications or another blockchain programming.
Its performance and scalability make it a great choice for building Blockchain applications that can handle large amounts of transaction volume. But before getting Erlang for a blockchain-based solution make sure to discuss it with your choosing development company after all you never know how blockchain consultation can help your business to utilize this language at its best.
Pros of Erlang –
- Erlang is simple and can handle lots of data without comprising performance.
- Erlang is designed for building distributed systems that can run on multiple machines easily.
- Erlang is great for fault-tolerant, scalable, and lightweight processes that can recover from errors and continue running without downtime.
- Erlang is an open-source language which means it is accessible easily to developers.
Cons of Erlang –
- Erlang is a young language among leading languages which is why it is hard and costlier to search for Erlang developers with experience and expertise.
- Compared to other top programming languages, Erlang has a smaller set of libraries and frameworks that can make it more challenging to find the right tools for certain tasks.
- Erlang can be challenging especially when dealing with complex systems with many processes and messages.
- Due to the firm programming model, it is quite hard for developers to learn the languages.
Use-cases of Erlang –
- Smart Contract Development – With the Web3 library, Erlang can be helpful in the development of smart contracts on different programming languages like Ethereum.
- Blockchain-based Payment Systems – Using different tools of Erlang can help build a Blockchain-based payment system that is transparent and secure.
- Cryptocurrency Exchange – Erlang can be used for the development of cryptocurrency exchange that let the users buy, sell and manage digital assets using smart contract
Rholang is an object-oriented programming language that was introduced in 2018, that is intended to use in distributed systems. Rholang is projected to be designed for writing smart contracts and decentralized applications and is considered to be the best programming language for blockchain.
Rholang was built to improve reliability, security, performance, and scalability making it a good choice for developing decentralized applications and smart contracts.
Pros of Rholang –
- Rholang provides in-built support for contracts, channels and more making it easy to write modular and reusable code.
- Rholang is designed for concurrent and distributed programming making it suitable for building decentralized applications.
- It is user-friendly and uses message passing instead of shared memory.
Cons of Rholang –
- Rholang is a young language so it has limited resources and community compared to more mainstream languages.
- The syntax and semantics of Rholang can be challenging for developers who are unfamiliar with concepts of concurrent and distributed programming.
Use-cases of Rholang –
- dApps Development – Building Decentralised Applications (dApps) on the RChain blockchain platform can be possible by utilizing features of Rholang.
- Smart Contract Development – Safely and securely smart contract development can be executed easily and efficiently.
- Distributed System – It can be useful with the aid of Syntax it can be implemented to build distributed systems.
Vyper is a smart contract programming language that is developed in 2017 to write secure and safe verifiable smart contracts. With features like simple syntax and clean compiler code, it is intended to target Ethereum Virtual Machine. Over the years, Vyper became quite famous and more than 10,000 smart contracts have been published. Vyper is beginner-friendly intending to stop developers from writing deceitful code.
Pros of Vyper –
- With a low level of coding, Vyper is friendly for new developers and easy to learn language than other crypto programming languages like solidity.
- With contract-oriented programming of vyper assists in developing a smart contract that is easier to understand and read.
- Slowly and steadily there has been an increase in development tools in Vyper that can lend extra help to developers.
Cons of Vyper –
- Many functionalities provided by solidity are often restricted in Vyper whole coding making it a major disadvantage.
- It doesn’t have as much community support as other famous programming languages such as C++.
- Many common features are absent such as dynamic data types, modifiers, and more.
Use-cases of Vyper –
- Smart Contract Development – Vyper was specifically developed to write a smart contract. The simple syntax and assistance in writing clean code will surely help developers.
- Blockchain Development – Vyper is speedier, safe, and more efficient and can be used for developing high-performing Blockchain development.
Blockchain technology has eradicated problems of traditional systems and replaced them with efficient solutions in various sectors. As more and more businesses are coming forward, the demand for blockchain-based solutions is going to grow more which is surely putting the responsibility on development companies to hire blockchain developers who have knowledge and experience in a programming language to meet their clients’ requirements. To stand out in the market, it is necessary to have theoretical knowledge and practice of programming languages.
But, it might not be possible for you to look for and learn every programming language out there for Blockchain development. So with research and in-depth analysis, we have brought top programming languages that can help you stay ahead in your game.
Whether you are an expert or just starting out, we have tried to explain the programming languages in a simple way and made sure you can understand which one can go with your requirement. We believe this list will surely provide you with assistance in every way possible.
Check some FAQs related to blockchain technology-
- What language is used for blockchain development?
Several programming languages can be used for Blockchain development depending on the requirement of the project and the Blockchain network being used. Among which Solidity, Vyper, Python, Java, C++, Go, Rholang, and more are some of the famous ones.
- Do I need Python for blockchain development?
Python can be useful as a programming language for certain aspects of Blockchain development such as smart contract development. Python is a quite popular language, its simplicity and ease of use make it a popular choice for application that works well on different blockchain platforms.
- Does blockchain developer have coding Knowledge?
Yes, blockchain developers have coding knowledge. At least, developers must have knowledge of basic coding that will help them to work on a smart contract which is basic for blockchain.
- Is C++ used in blockchain development?
C++ is a famous object-oriented language, with an extensive library and advanced features, C++ helps developers to write clean code that is reusable too. It functions overloading and multithreading that helps developers to create apps.
- How much does it cost to develop a blockchain solution?
Getting a Blockchain-based solution will help your business for further growth. The Blockchain solution can cost from $40,000-$3,00,000 depending on the time taken, the complexity of the app, the experience of the company, features, and other vital details that may vary the charges.
- How to Choose the blockchain development company to develop blockchain solutions?
There are many Blockchain development companies available in the market claiming their greatness. But, to choose the best blockchain development company you are required to shortlist some companies, check their portfolio, read client reviews, share your requirement, and discuss costs. Choose the one that works well with your requirement.
- How to Choose the best programming language for blockchain development?
Choosing the best programming language for your blockchain development can depend on various factors, including the requirement of the project, the skills and experience of the development team, and the characteristics of the programming language and then you can pick whichever suits well with your requirement.